This item is for a 1kg bag of Organic Chia Seeds of the highest quality.
Organic Chia seeds are one of the most popular Superfoods.
Organic Chia Seeds (Salvia hispanica) are incredibly versatile and can be used on just about anything. They can absorb up to 12 times their own weight when soaked in water and develop a gel-like coating that makes them very popular in drinks.
They can also be added to smoothies, toppings, breakfast cereals, energy bars, yoghurt, bread or can be eaten raw.
Chia seeds originated from South America and have been used as a food for thousands of years by the Mayans and Aztecs. Recently chia seeds have been labelled a complete Superfood as they are one of the richest plant sources of Omega 3, dietary fibre and protein. These nutrient dense seeds also contain a wide range of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids and fatty acids. And the best thing is you don’t have to grind them down to release the beneficial nutrients.
Organic Chia Seeds Review:
- Omega 3
- Amino Acids
Helps regulate Insulin levels:
- Good for managing Diabetes
- Caters to all dietary needs
Can be served whole:
- Chia seeds don’t need to be ground in order to release the beneficial nutrients
Mix 1 tablespoon into foods such as cereals, porridge, yoghurt, smoothies, sauces and salad dressings. Alternatively put 1 teaspoon into a drink of your choice and allow to soak briefly before serving.
Serving tips for Chia Seeds:
- Mix with Goji Berries and other goodies and dehydrate for healthy, tasty snacks that are perfect for hiking and camping!
Chia be jammed:
- Soak 2 tablespoons in water and allow to gel.
- Mix into your favourite jam for a Superfood boost the kids won’t even notice.
Smooth Texture Wannabes:
- Don’t like the texture of Chia in your drinks? Add Chia Seeds to your smoothie and blend on high in your Vitamix to completely pulverize the seeds. Smooth as!
Let’s get thick:
- Need to thicken a simmer sauce? Add a tablespoon of Chia Seeds to any sauce to thicken. Allow a few moments to soak in and add more as required.
- The best part is they’re virtually tasteless so it won’t affect your recipe!
Chia’s just desserts:
- Keep a supply of Chia Seeds in the pantry for making quick desserts or smoothies.
- Perfect for adding to ice-cream or yoghurt for a quick and healthy summer dessert.